Do you ever feel like you are holding yourself back in your business?
It happens! And it happened to me recently, when I nearly pulled a challenge that I had planned to run in my group. I had a massive wobble, pulled all the promotional activity and nearly called the whole thing off.
But I went ahead, and that’s why this week I’m talking about:
Stepping out of your comfort zone.
What has this got to do with your marketing, you might be wondering.
Well, if you’ve ever
Held back from getting visible and going live
Avoided getting to grips with a piece of business tech
Created a product then only half-heartedly marketed it
Or any of the other things we have in our plans or on our to do lists, then maybe it’s a comfort-zone-thing.
So here are my top 10 tips to pushing yourself just that little bit further.
You won’t regret it, I promise.
- Recognise when something is out of your comfort zone – be honest with yourself about WHY you’re not doing whatever it is
- Get clear on what you need to overcome to move forward (for me it was fear of rejection)
- Become comfortable with feeling uncomfortable – it WILL get easier
- Embrace the learning experience
- Take small, incremental steps instead of one great big leap – it’s much less scary!
- Speak with people who have walked that path before and learn from their experiences, good and bad.
- Don’t make excuses. Holding back is a form of procrastination.
- Focus on your goal, it will motivate you to keep going
- Don’t let your ego get in the way, and don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Keep it light.
- See it as an opportunity to grow – we can grow at any time of our lives or stage of our businesses.
There are so many benefits to pushing yourself just that little bit harder.
You may discover talents you didn’t know you had; you’ll take a step closer to achieving your goals.